An energy broker, or energy consultant, works with energy suppliers and are often used by businesses in order to find the best and cheapest energy deals. Businesses can benefit from the knowledge and experience that energy brokers have to offer, allowing them to easily compare the most fitting contracts from a range of suppliers without having to go to each supplier individually to find the latest deals. Larger businesses especially can benefit from using a broker as it makes it easier to get a clear idea of the market and market prices as well as allows you to experience better prices, expert advice and assistance with switching. However, broker services are not free and it is important to choose the right one for your business, below we take a closer look at some of the energy consultants in the UK.
Our Featured Broker: Love Energy Savings
Love Energy Savings is one of the UKs most trusted and highly rated energy brokers, their services have saved their customers £79 million and they have helped to carry out over 200,000 switches.
- Trustpilot rating of 9.5/10
- Compare 150 business energy products in seconds
- Saves new customers an average of 40%
- Offers £1,000 in they cannot beat your initial supplier renewal quote
Below is an overview of the leading energy brokers in the UK, along with a glimpse at the services they offer.
Utilitywise helps businesses to find the best deals on electricity, gas, water and even broadband. They have over 40,000 customers and offer hassle free switching services.
- Offer assistance to businesses of all sizes
- Independent and transparent
- Renewable energy options
Inenco was established in 1968 and since then has been committed to delivering independent solutions to businesses of all sizes.
- Customers are paying 48% less for their gas commodity
- 8,000+ customers
- Energy procurement
Inspired Energy offers a range of services from energy procurement to software, legislative compliance, site operations, monitoring and targeting and more.
- Offer bureau services
- 4 step approach – to ensure efficiency and cost effectiveness
- Energy procurement including fixed price and flexible risk managed solutions
Mitie Energy is a specialist energy solution services provider who creates tailored solutions for businesses.
- One of the largest energy buyers in the UK
- Risk management services
- Flexible contracts
Northern Gas & Power
Northern Gas & Power works with businesses of all sizes to increase energy efficiency while reducing costs and environmental impact.
- Energy procurement
- Renewable energy
- Assist with admin & advise on areas such as legislative compliance and carbon reporting
Green Energy Consulting
Green Energy Consulting is an independent commercial energy consultancy that specializes in renewable energy.
- Sustainability management
- Smart meters and monitoring
- Comprehensive and independent
UCR Consultants specialize in utility cost reduction with over 10 years experience and managing over 40,000 supplies for customers.
- Offer fixed business gas rates
- Up to date pricing from all major business electricity suppliers
- Provide clear & honest advice
Black Sheep Utilities
Black Sheep Utilities offers businesses of all sizes tailored UK energy procurement services.
- Offer gas, electricity, water and green energy solutions
- Tariff analysis
- Climate Change Levy and VAT validation
Business Juice has a focus on simplicity and transparency with the goal of saving businesses money.
- Offer 120 day rolling contracts
- Business energy guides
- Manage your supplier from start to finish
LSI Energy has over 20 years of experience in energy purchasing, offer an award winning service and have saved businesses millions of pounds.
- Easy comparison of the current energy market
- Invoice validation service
- Monitoring services such as online data access to check energy usage
Power Solutions UK
Power Solutions UK was established in 2005 and is a leading independent energy consultant that helps businesses get the best contracts on electricity, gas and water supplies.
- Offer free advice
- Negotiate the best value contract on your behalf
- Offer energy check analysis of your latest energy bill
Torse has over 20 years of experience dealing with business energy tariffs and have placed over 100,000 business energy contracts.
- Offer metering installations and reporting
- Green energy assistance
- Carbon Reduce Commitment compliance
Consultus International Group
Consultus International Group is a global group focused on providing trusted advice and insights into the business energy market.
- End to end approach from consulting to procurement to compliance and demand reduction
- 96% client retention
- Improve cost controls, savings and avoidance.
Resolve Energy is a UK based commercial energy procurement specialist with a proven track record.
- Experts monitor energy markets daily
- Specialists in business energy (do not deal with domestic energy)
- Contract negotiation
Business Cost Consultants
Business Cost Consultants provide independent expert advice on all utility services. They have a focus on being transparent and impartial.
- Offer utility dispute services
- Manage the whole energy procurement process
- Free energy audit to determine the best way to reduce energy costs
Utility Renewals is a UK business energy broker that deals with electricity, gas, water and telecoms suppliers in the UK.
- Business account management
- Complete energy procurement service
- Free switch and save support
British Energy Contracts Consultancy
BEC Consultants is a small team of energy experts who supply impartial advice free of charge.
- Bespoke gas package
- Free market review of electricity providers
- Assistance in current contract termination
Pulse Business Energy
Pulse Business Energy is an award winning energy broker based in London that offers energy and water services for flexible or fixed contracts.
- Energy budgeting service
- Legal advice
- Energy management software
Apollo Energy provide complete utility management services for businesses with a focus on providing excellent customer service.
- Utility procurement
- Bureau services
- Green energy services
Direct Power is one of the oldest standing energy consultants in the energy supply market. They aim to make the process easy for you and provide a personalized service.
- Free independent advice on contracts
- Negotiate contracts with all major suppliers
- Contract watch system to ensure correct billing and issue renewal reminders
Utility Helpline is an award-winning energy broker with 12 years of experience in securing cheap energy deals for businesses.
- Compares prices from 20 suppliers
- TPI code of practice
- Dispute management
The Energy Company
The Energy Company works with both domestic and business customers to help keep energy costs down for all.
- Whole of market comparison site
- Ensure you don’t get overcharged or overtaxed
- Offer full management service
Trade Link Solutions
Trade Link Solutions was established in 1997 and advises clients on UK renewable energy and power generation.
- Specializes in green and renewable energy
- Great option for farmers and land owners
- Risk management
F1 Energy help small to medium sized businesses to save money on energy.
- Specialises in SME businesses
- VAT reduction and rebate specialists
- Handle difficult outstanding relationship with suppliers and deal with any threats or potential disconnections
Alliance Contracts have been assisting businesses with energy since 1998. They assist businesses of all type and size.
- Offer quarterly and monthly invoiced electricity for SME
- Metering solutions & energy management
- Energy audits and efficiency
Nationwide Energy has been helping businesses to take care of their energy for the last 17 years.
- Energy saving survey and advice
- Assist with new energy supplies and energy contract renewals
- Billing audit service to ensure you aren’t being overcharged
Data Energy focuses on providing energy solutions for landlord supplies and common parts usage.
- On-site support such as site audits and maintenance
- Total portfolio management
- Assist with electricity, gas and renewable energy
Eutility was founded in 1979 and is active across the UK, Australia, USA and Europe delivering award-winning energy management services.
- Fixed and flexible contract procurement
- Online energy management platform
- Analysis services including regular reports, invoice validation and portfolio management
Fairnet utilizes technology and provides a personal service when assisting businesses in buying energy.
- Hassle-free energy buying
- Account and bill checking
- Energy management and usage reduction
Pro-Eco specializes in assisting independent businesses within the hospitality sector to save time and money on energy, water, waste, telecoms and even wholesale wine and food.
- Free analysis on current energy spending
- Bill checking as standard
- Site surveys and installations
Zero Trace Procurement
Zero Trace Procurement was formed in 2012 and provides a range of services to businesses of all sizes.
- Procurement strategy and brokerage
- Management and bureau services
- Energy reduction
Business Energy Direct
Business Energy Direct has over 20 years in the utilities market and handles businesses of all sizes. Their services include gas, electricity, water and telecoms.
- Will compile a report of the best available options when you request a quote
- Provide market leading advice
- Direct affiliates with over 30 suppliers
Nationwide Utilities is an independent energy consultancy firm that offers commercial energy solutions.
- Energy procurement including market risk analysis and energy bill auditing
- Renewable energy consultancy
- Online energy monitoring
Gaia Energy is an independent energy broker that helps businesses throughout the UK get their energy for less.
- Specialize in bulk energy contracts for churches and charities
- Promote renewable energy
- Flexible options
Box Power is a community interest company and the UK’s first not-for-profit energy consultant for business.
- No shareholders – profits go into helping local communities
- Bill validation and bill management services
- Online energy reporting
Utilisave has over 25 years of experience in energy supply working closely with energy suppliers to find businesses great deals.
- Free energy price comparison
- Manage the energy supplier switch process for you
- Work with over 20 UK energy suppliers
Cost Centre is an award-winning company that helps businesses to cut energy costs.
- Assist you in every aspect of energy usage
- Cost reduction solutions
- Handle refunds and supplier switches for you
Catalyst Commercial is an independent energy consultancy that provides services in energy procurement and sustainability.
- Allows you to measure, manage and control energy consumption
- Compare up to 28 energy suppliers
- Flexible energy contracts
Fortis Energy is an Isle of Wight based company that specializes in supplying energy contracts to UK commercial clients.
- No fee charged to client
- Offer variable and fixed term contracts for 1 to 5 years
- Energy assessment
Bluemark Consultants are specialist business energy consultants focusing solely on gas and electricity.
- Green energy options
- Energy monitoring and energy efficiency audits
- Assist in micro generation energy set up and management
SB Energy has been helping businesses to reduce their energy costs for over a decade.
- Carbon reporting
- Energy management
- Free utilities audit
Energy Cost Management
Energy Cost Management is a water and energy consultancy that offer a wide range of management solutions to businesses of all sizes.
- Energy procurement
- Bill validation service
- Online energy management tools
Hotel Energy is a business energy consultancy that focuses on busy energy for the catering, hospitality and leisure industries.
- Fully managed and tailored energy procurement
- Resolve disputes on your behalf
- Energy audits and benchmarking
Energy Management Services
Energy Management Services is an independent consultant and broker, established in 1994.
- Monitoring services including bill validation, tariff analysis and smart metering
- Renewable energy generation
- Power quality, distribution and maintenance
Utility Savings Corporation
Utility Savings Corporation is dedicated to assisting businesses get cheaper energy. They support all businesses including community organisations, charities and churches.
- Independent review of available providers
- Contract monitoring to avoid contract rollovers and out of contract rates
- Bill checking service
Kinect Energy Group
Kinect Energy Group, formerly Orchard Energy, uses data and analysis to deliver energy and sustainability solutions to businesses.
- Offer solutions for every industry
- Reliable supply management
- Renewable energy options
Indigo Swan is a Norwich based independent energy consultancy that offers a tailored service to help businesses find a better way with energy.
- Energy management tool
- Flexible gas and electricity procurement
- Meter Operator Agreement review
Inprova Energy is an independent energy management consultancy that provides clear and honest expert advice on all aspects of utility management.
- Invoice validation and revenue recovery
- Energy reduction
- Bureau Services
Energy Solutions is a commercial energy broker that has 21 years of experience helping businesses manage their energy.
- Analysis of your current energy plan
- Fully flexible pricing strategies
- Support to ensure correct bulling, meters and tariffs
BBA Energy is a business energy procurement and management business that has a focus on micro businesses and the manufacturing, retail, education and construction industries.
- Handle the Change of Tenancy process
- Arrange the installation of meters
- Year-on-year negotiation of energy contracts
Direct Energy is a family firm that was founded in 2005 with the aim of providing cheaper utility bills for SME in the UK.
- Monitor the wholesale energy market
- Consolidate group contracts
- Flexible contract option
Utilities Savings is a business energy brokerage that helps save businesses time and money with an honest and innovative approach to energy.
- Assistance with changing supplier or moving premises
- Bill validation to ensure accuracy
- Energy usage analysis
Energy Renewals has been an independent consultant managing energy requirements for businesses since 2010. They also specialize in providing energy services for multi-sites.
- Efficiency survey
- Management of the entire energy procurement process
- Voltage optimization system
Utility Assist was formed in 2007 with the aim of helping businesses to negotiate energy contracts.
- Project manage meter upgrades and downgrades
- Manage the entire supply change process
- Handle any queries at any time during your contract
Church Energy Savings Consortium Ltd
CESC is a widely recognized partner to churches, cathedrals, diocese and property management companies across the UK.
- Assist businesses/ organizations of all sizes
- Utilities Intermediaries Association members
- Deal with all potential problems involved with energy suppliers
Business Energy Store
Business Energy Store is an independent utility broker that offers free impartial advice for businesses.
- Compare all major UK suppliers
- Assist businesses of all sizes
- Provide expert knowledge and solution for half-hourly energy
ESS Utility Consultants
ESS Utility Consultants negotiate the lowest prices for business energy solutions across the UK.
- Straightforward and transparent approach
- Can assist all businesses from single to multi-site clients and half hourly or non half hourly metered supplies
- Energy management
Spiral Utilities helps businesses of all sizes and all industries to save money on utilities.
- Contract management include renewals, tenancy changes and reviews
- Energy monitoring including usage reports and efficiency tips
- Energy site surveys
Square One Utilities
Square One Utilities offer three key services to businesses to help keep utility costs down.
- Tailored energy procurement
- Full energy audits to identify areas for significant savings
- Offer water procurement solutions
Taurus Utility Consultants
Taurus Utility Consultants is a UK energy broker that negotiates with utilities suppliers on behalf of the business to get the best energy deals.
- Utilities contract management
- Manage new connections and installations
- Free audit to analyse actual expenditure and create an accurate overview of your business’ needs
Effective Utilities is a leading consultancy that helps businesses procure energy, become more energy efficient and take advantage of government initiatives and grants.
- Offer solutions for SME and larger businesses
- Monitoring, targeting and reporting of utility consumption
- Bureau services
Watt Utilities is a Manchester based, family run, commercial energy brokers. Since 2000, they have assisted over 900 thousand businesses save £150 million.
- Offer assistance with electricity, gas, water, phone and internet
- Assist in switching or contract renewal
- Tailored services for larger businesses including multi-site service and fixed, flexible or basket agreements
Exchange Utility are independent business utility experts who focus on saving businesses money by navigating the energy market effectively.
- Tailored solutions to suit your business needs
- Offer an all in one energy contract for duel fuel needs
- Monitor renewals
Apollo Energy was founded in 2001 and is a trusted provider of business utility management solutions.
- A Crown Commercial Service supplier
- Fixed and flexible energy contract options
- Offer full account management
Smarter Business is an energy broker that has helped over 40,000 businesses to save money on essential services including gas, electricity, telecoms, loans, insurance, maintenance, waste management and more.
- 5 Minute quotes
- Compare 27 suppliers
- Offer corporate energy solutions
Amber Energy offers a complete energy management solution that keeps your energy requirements in one place.
- Dedicated procurement and risk management team
- Bureau services
- Energy reduction and efficiency services
Utility SwopShop was formed in 2014 with the goal to be transparent in energy supply contract trading in the UK utility market.
- Free supplier audit
- Ongoing monitoring and communication with supplier to ensure best tariff
- Compliance solutions for mandatory and voluntary compliance reporting with ease
Frequently Asked Questions
How many energy brokers are there in the UK?
There are over 70 energy brokers in the UK, it is important to find an energy broker that suits your needs and offers the services you require.
What is an energy broker?
An energy broker will work with energy suppliers on behalf of your business in order to find the best deals within the commercial energy market. They will perform business energy price comparison services for you so you don’t have to spend your time approaching each supplier to receive quotes in order to compare and find the cheapest option. They often also offer services such as account management, compliance solutions, risk management and energy efficiency.
How much do energy brokers charge?
Business energy broker rates vary greatly as some energy brokers will charge you for their services while others will receive payment from the supplier instead and therefore you will not be charged. Always check with the broker what the charges will be, this may be an upfront fee or a surcharge added to the suppliers charge.
Where can I find an energy broker?
There are many energy brokers throughout the UK, the easiest way to find one is to use the list above to identify a few brokers that stand out and take a look at their website, services and customer reviews to decide if they are a suitable option for your business. Keep in mind the needs of your business, e.g. business electricity broker, business gas broker.
Do I need an energy broker?
An energy broker will help your business to save money and time on energy, they are experts in the field and will be able to negotiate better rates on your behalf. The benefits of using an energy broker are reduced risk, more tailored solutions and cheaper energy.
If you’re looking to switch your energy supplier, we can help make the process smooth and stress free. Simply fill out our online form and our team of professionals will do the rest.