This independent energy supplier works with thousands of UK businesses, they claim to provide a low cost alternative to the Big 6 and are leading the way with the use of smart meters.
This page provides an overview of Dual Energy business prices and a review of their services from past and current customers.
Dual Energy Electricity Tariffs
The following are the available Dual Energy for business electricity tariffs:
- Lowest price is fixed price for first 12 months
- From 12 months on pay a competitive rate against current market prices
- Will match any better deals you find
- 36 month contract
- 1 year or 2 year fixed price product
SmartFlex Business Electricity Tariff Rates
- 03-04 profile meter: 19.9p/kWh and a standing charge of 44p per day.
- 05-08 profile meter: 19.9p/kWh and a standing charge of 95p per day.
Standard Electricity Tariff Rates
- 03-04 profile meter: 24.4p/kWh and a standing charge of 89p per day.
- 05-08 profile meter: 24.4p/kWh and a standing charge of 259p per day.
Dual Energy Gas Tariffs
The following gas tariffs are available for business customers:
- Lowest price is fixed for the first 12 months
- From 12 months on pay a competitive rate against market prices
- Price Promise Guarantee to match any better deals
- 36 month contract
- 1 year or 2 year fixed competitive gas prices
SmartFlex Business Gas Tariff Rates
- 4.4p/kWh and a standing charge of 35p per day.
Standard Gas Tariff Rates
- 6.2p/kWh and a standing charge of 85p per day.
- Fixed monthly payments
- Regular account review to keep payment and actual usage in alignment
- Accurate invoice based on smart meter readings (no estimations)
- Spread cost throughout the year
- Payment via Direct Debit
Prepayment meter plans for electricity will be introduced soon.
Dual Energy Company Profile
This energy supplier offers fixed and variable electricity and gas solutions to businesses across the UK as well as budget plans for electricity. Their solutions are best suited to small and medium enterprises and they aim to keep costs low with market reviews and their price match guarantee.
With a focus on smart meters, businesses are eligible for a free smart meter as part of their Dual Energy deal. Smart meters take away the need for estimated billing as they send readings on a regular basis meaning bills are based on actual usage. This energy provider is actively working towards the UK government driven Smart Meter Initiative (SMI) by helping ensure every UK business has a Smart Meter installed by 2020.
Dual Energy will also be introducing a prepayment meter service soon that will allow you to pay for your electricity supply upfront.
Dual Energy Reviews
To find out what real customers have thought of the Dual Energy services they’ve experienced we have taken a look at the online Dual Energy review pages. There is a mix of positive and negative reviews but a number of the reviews are Dual Energy complaints. Below you can see both positive and negative experiences from past and current customers.
“Since switching our Village Hall electricity contract to Dual Energy three years ago we have experienced no problems with our account.” Chris via Trustpilot.
“So far so good. A good professional company making the switch much easier than dealing with a big impersonal company.” John via Trustpilot.
“We have been with Dual Energy now for three years and are very happy with them.” Mrs Shaw via Trustpilot.
“I foolishly took a 3 year contract with the implied promise of annual reviews to get the best available prices at the time. The prices have got worse each year, even if I can find better market prices they do not match them.” Mark via Trustpilot.
“Failure to use correct meter readings. Slow to get started with Smart meter.” Bill via Trustpilot.
“Again a problem over the 3 year contract. Please remember they do not compare like with like. We found a better deal and it was a fixed 3 year deal as well. So Dual come back with a revised quote which is only £13 a year less AND is only for one year.” Susan via Trustpilot.
Dual Fuel services are best suited to small businesses who use (or would like to use) smart meters. They have multiple energy products on offer so you can find one to suit your needs and budget, although online complaints indicated the three year annual review contract often resulted in high price increases so that is something to be mindful of.